I have now finished this little project for now. My main aim was to experiment with the techniques used in photoshop and to have a little play on my new (at the time) wacom tablet. Overall I see it as a successful test as I have learnt quite a lot from it and if I were to do it again there would be a few things I would do differently, such as use less smudge and find a brush or draw in my fur detail. I haven't currently added a background to this image so it is looking a bit bland but you can see the overall outcome of the dog. I will more than likely come back to it at a later date to add some sort of back drop to pretty it up and possibly add some minor details to the fur and other little things.