Pages

Tuesday 5 October 2010

Rotoscoping

I have been thinking about producing a short clip just for fun and really like the look of 'Rotoscoping'. So far i have got in touch with a few film students who have agreed that this could be an effective method and they are drafting up a script to be worked on. I have read that rotoscoping is a very tedious method of animating but I like the style so will give it a go, so far I have been influenced by the style of'A Scanner Darkly' and i have also viewed a few clips on youtube which mimic this technique.

I found this video and thought it looked amazing as the body keeps changing (like A Scanner Darkly) to different people constantly and flows really nicely:



A Scanner Darkly trailer:



I would love to be able to produce something like this with this much detail but I personally can not imagine it exceding a few seconds as it will just take too long. This may end up being produced as a small group/team.

No comments:

Post a Comment